Saturday, December 8, 2007

Titles are too hard to come up with

Hello out there! Things have been a little crazy around here. And by crazy, I mean stressful. And by stressful, I mean Bryan never shows stress so I have to do it for both of us and I go totally nuts. The store where Bryan works was sold and changed hands this last weekend. He went in to work as usual on Monday, and was told everyone had the day off so they could switch over the computer system. He went in to work Tuesday and was told, "Oh didn't someone tell you? You don't work here anymore." No notice, no severence, three weeks before Christmas. Nice, huh? Needless to say, I panicked. Especially because he was paid Saturday like usual, and they pay for everything right up to payday, so he didn't even have another check coming to him. I was completely freaking out. I called Mom immediately of course. Because that's what I do. She tried to calm me down and spoke rationally, which I soooo needed.

I was also so angry I could spit nails. How dare they do this to us? Don't they know we have a little boy's first Christmas coming up? If Bryan had quit, they'd have expected notice. Where was our notice? I wanted to take out a full page ad in the paper telling people not to shop there. I wanted to march up and down the sidewalk in front of the store with signs. I wanted to throw eggs, spread nails behind all their tires, etc. etc. I kept dreaming up all of these awful things I wanted to do. Nothing that caused bodily harm. I'm not psychotic. I was just p*ssed off!!

The next couple of days, I was so stressed I'm surprised my stomach didn't eat it's way out of my body. Mom put us on the prayer chain at church, and I know every one of our friends and family were praying for us too. I was praying like a madwoman every chance I got. Then Thursday, Bryan was offered his job back. I wanted him to tell them where to stick it, but I also wanted him to have a job. I was so torn, and I knew it had to be his decision anyway. Besides, he was kind of stuck, because once they offered the job back to him, he was no longer able to draw unemployment. Then I was mad that he was going back. He said he was still going to look for another job but at least this way he'd have one in the meantime. I was afraid that wouldn't happen, because it's way easier to stay at a crappy job, than find a new good job. As someone who worked a job I despised for almost seven years, I knew that better than anyone.

Then yesterday I thought of something that made me feel a little better about the whole situation. I had been praying for an answer. This is what I got. It's not what I was looking for, but He doesn't dial wrong numbers. This must be what is right for us. At least for right now. I have to be confident that what needs to happen will happen, and we don't always get exactly what we think we want, all wrapped up in a pretty bow. But somehow, it always seems to come out okay. So I've tried my darnedest to stop stressing and just see what happens. Most of the time that works, and when I start to freak out, I just remind myself that He doesn't dial wrong numbers.

So enough of all that. How can I be anything but blissfully happy, when I have this at home every night??



Oh, and for every woman who has, or ever has had, a husband, boyfriend, father, or brother, you will enjoy this little gem.



Goodbye for now!

3 comments:

Faren said...

I certainly was praying for you guys. Things have a way of working out. Love the video!
The man cold video was pretty good too!

Faren said...

I certainly was praying for you guys. Things have a way of working out. Love the video!
The man cold video was pretty good too!

Faren said...

Opps! sorry, Blogger told me it couldn't post my comment! Stupid Blogger!