Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Three More Days!!

I totally forgot to blog about my good news! I got a new job! I start Friday. I'm super excited because I'll have a grown up job, with a desk, and nice clothes, and yep, you guessed it:

A cubicle!!!

I will be a payroll clerk for a large company that owns a bunch of grocery stores and gas stations. I'll make a dollar more an hour, be guaranteed 40 hours, have benefits, flex scheduling, and did I mention?

A cubicle!!!

Okay, okay. I'll stop. It's just that I'm super-psyched about the whole prospect. I've been dreaming of a cubicle job for years. My own little world with a desk and a computer and a plant and a photo of my family and a Dilbert comic hanging on the wall. It would only be more awesome if my little cubie were pink. Laugh if you want, but you know you'd be jealous.

I'll miss working with all my friends at Hobby Lobby. I really do like that job, but I just need a little more cheddar, if you know what I mean. So I can buy more... well... cheddar. And a bigger place so I can get my little muffin out of a closet and into a real room. And I'm gonna have weekends off!!!!!!!!! I've never had a job where I've had weekends off.

So anyway, if you happen to think of it this Friday morning, say a quick little prayer that my first day goes really well and that it rains Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies all weekend. (It can't hurt to ask, right?)

I can't remember the last time I blogged so many lines without talking about what adorable thing Nathan just did the other day. I taught him to ride 'em cowboy and yell "Yee-Haw!" Of course, his yee-haw sounds more like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" but it's the enthusiasm that counts. I was going to end this post with an adorable video or two that I took of Nathan playing in his play pen, but YouTube is being a bi-yotch and it's down for maintenance. The nerve!! So you'll just have to be satisfied with a couple of adorable photos.


*Frame cluster by Sherry Tierney.

Oh, and one more thing:

A cubicle!!!

2 comments:

Faren said...

Mom and Dad told me about that Saturday and I just think that is soo great! And you will really like having weekends off. I wish you great luck in your new job!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO for you!!!! A cubicle!!! I've always wanted one of those myself!!! Now its my turn...pray for me to get a new job!!!! love ya!!!